The clock is ticking, people! It’s just a few weeks until the convention.
Last Chance for Workshops!
You may still be able to take advantage of workshop openings with our guest artists:
Cypress or Douglas Fir with Matt Reel (Portland)
Yews, cotoneasters, maples with Boon Manakitivipart (California)
Shimpaku juniper with John Muth (Seattle)
Work on your own tree with Suthin Sukosolvisit (Boston) or Daisaku Nomoto (Japan)
Don’t delay – sign up today!
Last Chance for the Hotel!
The original block of hotel rooms for the convention is already fully booked, but Hotel RL Olympia has set aside an additional 10 rooms for convention registrants. Rooms will be held until September 23. Make your reservation directly with the hotel; be sure to use the promo code PSBA1013.
Top Ten Reasons to Attend the PNBCA Convention in Olympia!
Just a reminder, here’s why you should absolutely earmark a few days and a few hundred bucks to attend this year’s PNBCA Bonsai Convention in Olympia, October 13-16, 2016.
1. Guest artist workshops. A total of 14 workshops with eight priced at $100 or less. Guest artists from out of state and even a visiting artist from Japan.
All of the following are included in the $255 cost of registration (workshops, critiques and hotel additional).
2. Demos and lectures. Multiple demos and lectures each day.
3. Vendor Marketplace. A wealth of bonsai-related materials for sale, often with special convention discounts.
4. Bonsai displays. Some of the best trees from our region and beyond.
5. Raffles. “I got my favorite tree at my very first convention in a raffle.”
6. Auctions. Another chance to obtain great trees and bonsai items.
7. Kindred spirits. Connect with people you already know, and make new friends and connections.
8. Olympia. An easy road trip to a great little city, ideally placed for access from all points of the compass. Bring your honey and make it a getaway.
9. Great food that you don't have to cook. Enjoy breakfast and dinner with some of your new favorite bonsai people.
10. Support PSBA. The convention represents a substantial investment of time and money by PSBA, your local club. Show your support by participating in the convention.
The PNBCA convention moves around the region and is now a biennial event, so it likely won’t be back in the Puget Sound area for years to come. This is your chance! Gather up some bonsai buddies, come out to enjoy the convention and support your club. Don’t delay – sign up today!